Dear Sisters & Brothers in Iman,
The month of Rajab is here with its barakat and blessings. The month is filled with many religious occasions at the centres & also at private homes for nazr in the name of Imam Ja‘far Sādiq (a) – popularly known as kunde or sufra in last half of Rajab.
Keeping in mind the Coronavirus and the way it is spreading, it’s important for us to take all precautions necessary to protect ourselves as well as those who come in contact with us. Here are the precautions that we need to follow in such gatherings:
1. In order to protect your fellow brothers and sisters in iman, those who have a cough and/or fever should refrain from attending any gatherings, at the centres or private homes.
2. For nazr at private homes, the hosts can politely add this precaution in their invitations. (Family members can drop off nazr to such brothers and sisters at their homes.)
3. Similarly, if a volunteer at the centre or a family-member of the host has a cough and/or fever, then he/she should not participate in the gathering and should not get involved in preparing the nazr.
4. The centres and even hosts at home gatherings should keep hand sanitizer available at entrances for visitors to use it when entering and exiting.
5. Refrain from shaking hands or hugging during these or other gathering, especially in jamā‘at prayer after Salat and at the end of the program.
Remember that dawā and du‘ā go hand in hand. It is necessary to take precautions and to pray to the Almighty for protection against the Coronavirus with the wasīla of the Prophet (s) and his Ahlul Bayt (a). In the words of our mujtahids, such as Ayatullah Nasir Makarim Shirazi, take the necessarily precautions as instructed by the health officials and also recite ziyārat ‘Ashūra and hadith kisā in your homes.
May you be under the grace of Hazrat-e Hujjat (a).
Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi
Leave A Comment